London (split over 3 locations)
£19.49 – £23.93 per hour
5:00pm – 10:15pm
My client, an academic institution, is looking to recruit an Evening Librarian to contribute to the development, delivery and exploitation of high quality and customer-focused library services, which support the learning, teaching and research activities of its users. The post-holder has specific responsibility for overseeing the delivery of services across three libraries during the evenings in term-time.
· To lead a team of Library Services staff to ensure the effective delivery of evening services at three libraries.
· Contribute to the delivery of learning support and promote resources and services.
· Maintain an active engagement with developments in teaching and learning within the organisation and the FE/HE sectors and evaluate and report on new approaches to improve the quality and delivery of learning support in Library Services, in liaison with senior staff.
· Participate in information dissemination and provision of enquiry services, including roaming support and involvement in virtual enquiry services as needed.
· Contribute to stock organisation, maintenance, and promotion to support the work of Academic Support Librarians who have responsibilities for designated programmes/courses
· Co-ordinate reader services including registration, leavers, defaulters, inter-library loans and reservations, and the production of statistics in liaison with the Assistant Learning Resources Managers and the Resources & Systems team as required.
· Contribute to the development and use of information technology, including delivery of electronic information, the maintenance and development of the Library Services webpages and contribute to the web-pages and external web gateways as appropriate.
· Support the Library Management System (LMS) locally and contribute to the development of this system as directed by the Resources and Systems Team.
· Line manage specified staff. This will include involvement in staff recruitment, the delivery of induction programmes for new staff, management of probation and staff planning review and appraisals (PRAs).
· Contribute to and participate in the activities of the Library Services team and participate in projects or activities as required.
· Contribute to and promote Library Services policies and procedures.
· A recognised library qualification or relevant experience in other education or information roles and related disciplines is desirable (e.g., CILIP accreditation, non-academic library, or archives experience, NVQ’s or apprenticeship, library or teaching postgraduate cert/dip/MA/MSc)
· Experience in supervision or management of staff and services in a Library or equivalent environment, as relevant to the post
· Strong and effective communication skills
· Ability to motivate and lead teams to achieve objectives
· Managing staff performance and providing assistance when required
· Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work and schedules