£20.00 per hour
37.5 hours per week
Sue Hill Recruitment are pleased to be working with this Government organisation who are looking to recruit a Cataloguer on a 3 month contract.
The ideal candidate will be working in a small team based in Westminster, responsible for managing the library and information service for all the organisations lawyers, many of whom are based in other buildings with their client teams or work from home either some, or all the time.
The library catalogue includes all books and eBooks available to lawyers. Recent library moves have meant that some of the locations are now incorrect, and some titles need to be added. You will be expected to raise the profile of the catalogue across the organisation to maximise the benefit of the collection.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Adding new titles to the catalogue and to the ‘New in the library’ section where relevant.
• Creating new records (eg for bill books or departmental publications) or importing records, usually for eBooks, where available and adding them to the collection with locations.
• Amending location records to reflect recent location changes.
• Adding key titles from our subscription services contracts, with the aim of bringing them to the attention of the lawyers and making them more accessible.
• Contributing thoughts and suggestions for improving the catalogue and making it easier to search.
• Clearing up Backlog and subscription
• Make information more accessible.
• Knowledge and experience of cataloguing and classifying library materials, including an understanding of AACR2/RDA, MARC21 and LCSH