020 7378 5479
An international financial company has an FTC 6-month Business Information Researcher job opportunity based in their London office.
An exciting 6-month FTC Business Information Researcher full-time opportunity has arisen to join the Business Information Services team. This role is based within the Research team of Business Information Services and is responsible for conducting general research for staff within the company.
The team conducts checks on the identity, reputation, and commercial and political interests of all parties with whom the company intends to conduct business, and monitor parties in connection with projects, as part of the company’s integrity and risk management process.
The team is also responsible for purchasing and managing a diverse range of data & information sources for the company, which represents a substantial portion of the company’s overall spend of this sector.
As Business Information Researcher your job role will include:
- Having highly developed information mining and retrieval skills.
- Conducting in-depth research into sectors and markets to identify major players, products, market share, potential investment opportunities and trends.
- Having superb time management and the ability to multi-task under pressure
- Liaising with colleagues about work allocation to ensure that research request volumes are shared equally and efficiently (mostly daily turnaround requests).
- Advising and guiding staff undertaking their own research to ensure they make effective and efficient use of the data sources available.
- Delivering induction sessions to staff, contributing content to BIS intranet pages, and supporting users in accessing data and information.
- Evaluating and assessing existing and potential information sources to ensure that they meet business needs.
- Providing feedback to data providers to make sure their services continue to develop in line with the company’s requirements.
- Conducting research in other languages where skills permit (French and Arabic would be useful)
- Having In-depth knowledge of market data and other information sources, such as Eikon, Bloomberg, Factiva, BvD, EMIS, rating agencies.
- Having excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
The candidate will ideally have previous experience in of conducting in-depth business information and financial markets related research using a wide variety of business information and market data sources.
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Business Information Services Team and to appreciate clients' needs. The role is a great job opportunity for a candidate with a relevant bachelor’s degree, ideally combined with a postgraduate or other professional qualification in Information Management
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to email@example.com