DR - 26245
£18.93 per hour
Training and Clinical Support Librarian
3 Month Contract
Full Time hours – 36.5
£18.93 per hour
About the company
We are presently recruiting for a Training and Clinical Support Librarian for our Higher Education client to provide additional support for an initial 3-month contract.
The Training and Clinical Support Librarian will assist with the training and clinical support services within the library and will also be responsible for promoting and facilitating the use of a range of biomedical library resources, managing specialist enquiries, and leading on outreach service across the organisation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· To line manage the Senior Library Assistant, undertaking probations and appraisals and ensuring that training needs are identified and met. The Senior Library Assistant’s chief responsibility is to contribute to teaching and research support, and the post holder would be working closely with them on a range of services including the information skills training programme and the mediated literature searching service.
· To lead on providing, promoting, monitoring and evaluating a proactive mediated literature searching service.
· To lead on current awareness services (especially through KnowledgeShare).
· To lead on planning and delivering a diverse programme of orientation and information skills sessions, including training in using biomedical library resources, reference management and systematic review support.
· To plan and facilitate critical appraisal sessions, following appropriate training.
· To oversee the delivery of specialist disciplinary enquiries for users.
· To lead on outreach and clinical support librarian initiatives with the aim of providing specialist clinical information support.
· To collate and maintain library documentation relating to the England-wide NHS Quality and Improvement Outcomes Framework (QIOF), and to contribute to annual QIOF returns.
· To participate in promotion of library services and resources including social media channels, web sites, and the library presence on the intranet.
· To represent the library at relevant meetings and committees, including Faculty, curriculum and staff-student liaison committees, and Trust meetings, as required.
· To work collaboratively with the wider team of Library Services trainers, including providing reciprocal cover for training events.
Why you will be hired
· Education to degree level or equivalent
· A recognised qualification in Librarianship or Information Studies (or working towards one)
· Up to date knowledge and significant experience working in a health or medical library
· Experience of working within the NHS
· Significant experience of enquiry / advisory work
· Experience of providing training in the use of healthcare knowledge resources, including designing and delivering training courses
· Experience of conducting literature searches
· Experience of supervising staff
· Experience of using and providing training in personal reference management software, especially EndNote and Mendeley
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5469 or email@example.com