DR - 26634
Senior Library Assistant
£17.48 per hour
36.5 hours a week
9 Month Contract
About the company
We are presently recruiting for a Senior Library Assistant our Higher Education client based in Stanmore.
The Senior Library Assistant will be party of the Library skills team providing training and clinical support services at the Stanmore campus. Reporting to the Training and Clinical Support Librarian, you will contribute to the delivery of specialist enquiry and mediated literature searching services, take part in the delivery of library skills sessions, and assist with promoting and facilitating the use of a range of biomedical library resources. The post also supports customer services, including staffing the library enquiry and service desk.
What you will be doing
• Under the direction of the Training and Clinical Support Librarian, assist in the provision of clinical support services, including carrying out mediated literature searches and delivering current awareness services, following appropriate training.
• Participate in the preparation and delivery of a diverse programme of orientation and information skills sessions, including training in using biomedical library resources and reference management; the post holder will be expected to lead some of these sessions, following appropriate training.
• Contribute to the delivery of specialist disciplinary enquiries for all users.
• Assist all library users in the use of a wide range of electronic resources, including bibliographic databases and reference management software, and oversee administration of Open Athens registration.
• Support the promotion of library services and resources including social media channels, web sites, and the library presence on the organisation intranet.
• Work closely with the Library skills team in preparing and delivering training and clinical support activities.
• Collaborate with the wider team in Library Services and contribute to relevant Library Services skills activities.
• Contribute to statistics collation and reporting as required.
• Assist with collection management tasks and provide support in creating and administering online reading lists.
• Participate in a rota for the busy library enquiry and service desk, and support all customer services, including lending, inter-library loan and enquiry services.
• Provide supervisory cover for the library team, operations, and services, as required. Evening cover may be required on occasions, with notice.
Who you will be:
• Educated to degree level
• Recognised qualification in librarianship or information studies, or working towards one beneficial
• Previous experience of customer-facing work and delivering a high level of customer service, within in a library environment
• Experience of preparing and delivering training, especially information skills training
• Skills in finding and evaluating information from a variety of sources
• Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to convey information clearly and accurately and the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of library users
• Strong written communication skills, able to present information clearly for different audiences
• Interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
• Ability to work as part of a team, including ability to motivate fellow team members
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail