DR - 25942
£45,020 per year
020 7378 5459
Senior Information Governance Officer
Monday to Friday
36.25 hours a week
About the company
Our client is a network of charities throughout the UK, that assist with advice and information to the general public ensuring that their consumer rights are upheld. They are now seeking to recruit a Senior Information Governance Officer with experience of supporting the design and delivery of good data protection practice. You will be joining an established team of 6 and work to create a culture of shared responsibility for privacy risk management.
What you’ll be doing
You will lead on developing and supporting organisational policies and processes that ensuring the organisation complies with data protection law and good information management practice. You will also lead on or support workstreams at a senior level to sustain compliance with General Data Protection regulation, DPA 2018 in order to meet business objectives.
- To assist the creation of team plans; standards; guidance; and procedures covering all areas of the business and to integrate these into business functions.
- Provide senior support in managing Information Governance knowledge and best practice, being up to date with ICO guidance, case law and other sources, such as the EU Data Protection Board and EU Commission.
- To take a lead on specific elements, as delegated by the Information Governance Manager or Business Change Manager, for implementation of a service wide Information Governance Strategy and its associated plans, ensuring engagement with key internal and external stakeholders.
- To support the implementation, delivery and embedding of Data Protection Impact Assessments (where appropriate) and to give advice on the privacy risks of projects and change, including memoranda of understanding; data sharing agreements; and data protection clauses in contracts.
- To provide senior support for the team in the creation of appropriate Information Governance training materials for stakeholders within the organisation.
- To provide senior support for the team in planning and implementing communications to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of their current obligations, including organisation plans and the membership requirements, in relation to Information Governance and of changes such as the introduction of the GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- Work closely with colleagues to promote the benefits of Information Governance and the ownership of privacy risks.
- To provide senior expert advice on Information Governance queries from teams within the organisation, escalating to senior colleagues where appropriate.
- To assist the team in the implementation and improvement of incident reporting and breach handling policies to ensure that potential risks are identified and mitigated.
- Where appropriate to escalate incidents to senior colleagues and lead on breach handling.
- To support the policies, guidance and process relating to the creation of an information asset register.
- To proactively identify, record and escalate Information Risks.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Qualifications in or proven ability to apply GDPR and DPA 2018 to meet business objectives
- Experience of designing and delivering Data Protection, Information Governance and Information Assurance to meet business objectives
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of practical consequences of the GDPR and DPA 2018
- Detailed knowledge of privacy and data protection legislation
- Knowledge of Information Security Management principles
- Knowledge and experience of applying Information Security standards, in particular ISO27001
- Project management experience with the ability to work within a project context
- Experience of Agile working methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of formats across all levels within the business
- Proven IT ability
- Willingness to travel within the UK and occasionally to work unsocial hours to meet deadlines
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to join an established team that provide extensive assistance to the public