Senior Information and Knowledge Advisor (Knowledge Management)
Monday to Friday
9.00am – 5.30pm
About the company
An independent, London-based body set up by UK Parliament that helps to regulate and set certain standards is now looking for a Senior Information and Knowledge Advisor (Knowledge Management) to join their ICT Team with an emphasis on knowledge management and working with systems specialists to support end user processes and training. Working within a small team you will provide comprehensive information, knowledge and systems management to the organisation ensuring all information is managed effectively and processes are running efficiently.
What you’ll be doing
Information and Knowledge Management
- To ensure that organisations information and knowledge assets are managed in a way which guarantees their integrity, availability and security to reduce the risk of reputational or other harm to the organisation
- To update internal policies and procedures to ensure they meet regulatory and legislative requirements
- To provide clear guidance and advice to staff to ensure the organisation is making best use of the information it acquires or generates
- To ensure that the intranet is an effective communication and collaboration platform that supports business needs
- To be familiar with established metadata schemas, develop current schemas to remain meaningful and functional for work and be able to demonstrate the benefits of classifying information in this way
- To be proactive in supporting team to streamline processes and to create procedures which support best practice in the management and sharing of information and knowledge
- To work with teams to develop new ways of working, identify functional user requirements and translate this into system requirements.
- To be able to influence and motivate staff to overcome concerns when implementing changes to processes and managing information.
SharePoint system strategy and support
- To help staff understand how the organisation should manage its information and knowledge, particularly to make best use of the organisation’s SharePoint implementation ‘Skynet’.
- To proactively look for solutions and be able to provide options and advice to staff across the organisation, and at all levels, to improve the use and success of Skynet.
- To work with the System Support Officer (SharePoint) to implement, test and troubleshoot solutions, translating the technical elements into terminology and outcomes that are familiar to users.
- To take forward for the continuous development of the Skynet intranet platform including the build and design of new pages and the use of custom web parts.
- Take on the implementation of the systems user groups for Skynet and CRM and a lead in developing super-users within teams and directorates.
- Actively engage with users to gain feedback and suggest future enhancement based on this feedback alongside personal technical knowledge and experience.
- To understand the requirements of users and ensure that these are met through training, support, reporting and system enhancements.
- To provide on-going training, advice and guidance to system users as required.
- To ensure that system and user documentation is kept up to date and supplied to staff as appropriate
- Support the Access to Information Officer in ensuring the accurate, full and timely completion of Access to Information (FOI and DPA Requests).
- Work with the Senior Adviser (IM) to ensure that awareness and training on managing paper and electronic information is rolled out across the organisation.
- Lead on the implementation and feedback on the annual ICT survey to all staff and analysis of responses.
- Be able to work in cross-organisation project teams and contribute to the Digital Transformation strategy.
- Contribute actively to the scoping of case management requirements in relation to regulatory, advisory and legal cases from a KM perspective.
This role requires the post holder to work autonomously and flexibly to support the organisation’s staff to manage information and knowledge in line with the direction set out in the ICT and other strategies and plans. Information is a key asset at the organisation and all major programmes and projects rely on Skynet to be robust and continuously improving to support changing business needs. There is considerable risk to the day to day functions of the organisation if information is unavailable or difficult to find and this post holder needs to be mindful of the management of this risk in all relevant activities.
Key Working Relationships
This role requires the post holder to work with staff at all levels across the organisation in order to provide training and support in the use of Skynet and in the management of hardcopy information. The role will act as the day-to-day liaison with the organisation’s external support contractor. This relationship requires the post holder to translate user needs into technical specifications and provide acceptance testing throughout the development cycle.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Accredited qualification in records / information management or equivalent (preferred)
- Experience of working within information and knowledge management
- Experience of using Microsoft Sharepoint 2016 (preferable)
- Experience of managing intranet applications
- Understanding of information security management issues and procedures
- Working knowledge of DPA 2018 and FOI 2000
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Supportive of, and engaged with, a culture of improvement and change
- Proactive approach to personal and professional development
- Confidence and professionalism
- Excellent attention to detail with strong communication skills
- Willingness and ability to take on tasks at short notice, as and when necessary
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop within this new role in a colligative working environment