Senior Information and Knowledge Advisor (Information Management)
Monday to Friday
9.00am – 5.30pm
About the company
An independent, London-based body set up by UK Parliament that helps to regulate and set certain standards is now looking for a Senior Information and Knowledge Advisor (Information Management) to join their ICT Team with an emphasis on Information and Records Management. Working within a small team you will provide comprehensive information, knowledge and systems management to the organisation ensuring all information is managed effectively and processes are running efficiently.
What you’ll be doing
Information and Knowledge Management
- To ensure that organisation’s information and knowledge assets are managed in a way which guarantees their integrity, availability and security to reduce the risk of reputational or other harm to the organisation
- To update internal policies and procedures to ensure they meet regulatory and legislative requirements and support organisation working.
- To provide clear guidance and advice to staff to ensure the organisation is making best use of the information it acquires or generates
- To ensure that the organisation’s procedures relating to retention and disposal of information are fit for purpose and enforced
- To be familiar with established metadata schemas, develop current schemas to remain meaningful and functional for organisation work and be able to demonstrate the benefits of classifying information in this way
- To be proactive in supporting team to streamline processes and to create procedures which support best practice in the management and sharing of information and knowledge
- To work with organisation teams to develop new ways of working, identify functional user requirements and translate this into system requirements.
- To be able to influence and motivate staff to overcome concerns when implementing changes to processes and managing information.
Information and Records Management
• Work with the Information, Knowledge and Systems Manager to review and implement a new Retention and Disposal Policy for the organisation.
• Update and maintain the Organisation Information Asset Register.
• Support the Senior Information and Knowledge Adviser (KM) to improve the information and document lifecycle management in SharePoint.
• Lead on the information and record management requirements for legal and regulatory case work system development. Working closely with specialist teams and technical developers.
• Work with all teams to ensure that they are managing the electronic lifecycle management in SharePoint and other systems
• Be primary contact for the offsite hardcopy archiving contract and a lead in the audit and review of the current offsite hardcopy files.
• Work with the Facilities and Business Support teams to ensure that the onsite hardcopy files are managed in line with organisation policies and retention schedules
• Ensure that the records processes for hardcopy lifecycle management are enforced across the organisation.
• Provide training and advice to all areas of the organisation on managing electronic and hardcopy information assets.
- Provide support to the Data Protection Officer to ensure that requests for information from other official bodies are effectively managed.
- Support the Access to Information Officer in ensuring the accurate, full and timely completion of Access to Information (FOI and DPA Requests).
Information systems strategy and support
- To help staff understand how the organisation should manage its information and knowledge, particularly to make best use of the organisation’s applications such as SharePoint and CRM.
- To work with the System Support Officers to implement, test and troubleshoot solutions, translating the technical elements into terminology and outcomes that are familiar to users.
- Be able to work in cross-organisation project teams and contribute to the Digital Transformation strategy.
- Contribute actively to the scoping of case management requirements in relation to regulatory, advisory and legal cases from an IM perspective.
- To act as adviser or ‘critical friend’ to projects and activities across the organisation on matters of information management including the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments.
This role requires the post holder to work autonomously and flexibly to support and manage information and knowledge in line with the direction set out in the Digital Transformation Strategy and other strategies and plans.
Key Working Relationships
This role requires the post holder to work with staff at all levels across the organisation in order to provide training and support in the use of our internal systems, translating the policies and guidance and in the management of hardcopy and electronic information. This role works closely with systems support colleagues, the Regulation Team, the Legal Team and the Data Protection Officer and the Access to Information Officer.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Accredited qualification in records / information management or equivalent (preferred)
- Experience of working within records and information management
- Experience of using Microsoft Sharepoint 2016 (preferable)
- Working knowledge of DPA 2018 and FOI 2000
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Supportive of, and engaged with, a culture of improvement and change
- Proactive approach to personal and professional development
- Confidence and professionalism
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to take on tasks at short notice, as and when necessary
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop within this new role in a colligative working environment