Scholarly Communications Manager
£42,454 - £47,276 (Grade F)
Monday to Friday
35 hours a week
About the company
Our client a University in East London are looking for a Scholarly Communications Manager to lead and develop Library, Archives and Learning Services' support for research. You will promote and develop full compliance for open access provision for scholarly content and robust management of the universities research data, including overseeing and developing the Open Access and research data repositories. You will engage with academic colleagues across university in OA compliance and developing research support and work closely with the Research Office. You will lead and line manage the Assistant Librarian (Open Access) and Assistant Librarian (Research Data Management).
MAIN DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
· Working with the Head of Content and Digital Environments to help in the strategic development of Scholarly Communications services and deliver projects and initiatives in this area.
· Working with the Research division, lead on compliance and engagement with open access and research data management across the University, including development of policies and strategies.
· Manage, develop and promote university open access and research data repositories, ensuring that content is efficiently managed, functionality is developed to meet emerging needs and both the repositories and CRIS are embedded in the research process.
· Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of research objectives, workflows and the range of research areas at university.
· Lead and line manage the Assistant Librarian (Open Access) and Research Data Management Officer, providing support and direction.
· Provide management information on impact, bibliometrics, altmetrics and compliance data for REF as well as citation analysis works which meets the research objectives of UEL.
· Provide consultation, expertise and training for university staff on relevant topics, such as open access and research data management.
· Lead in the development of programmes of research support for academic colleagues including preparation of research data management plans for funding bids.
· Help prepare external funding bids for projects which fall within the research support remit.
· Partner with Academic Services Librarians to improve liaison around academic research and support Academic Services Librarians in meeting the research needs of academics.
· Identify and evaluate areas for new development, such as the creation of online open access journals at university and collaborate with other staff on relevant projects.
· Maintain an up-to-date professional knowledge of developments in scholarly communication, open access publishing, research data management and the requirements of research funding bodies and provide advice and recommendations to develop and improve services.
· Represent LALS at appropriate university committees (including the Scholarly Communications Group) and working groups and externally. To develop regional and national links with other libraries and institutions
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Postgraduate qualification in librarianship, information science or a research-intensive discipline
· Experience of the research environment and research lifecycle in higher education and the scholarly publishing process
· Demonstrable experience of current developments in the UK scholarly communications landscape, including the following areas: institutional repositories and repository software; open access publishing; requirements of UKRI especially relating to the REF; research data management.
· Knowledge of administering an open access repository or research data repository
· Experience of successfully working with a range of key contacts, including people in other departments and outside of the organisation
· Experience of producing and analysing management information