020 7378 5479
A respected global law firm has an FTC 3 months’ (may extend to 6 months) job opportunity for a Research Librarian. You will be working as part of the Knowledge and Research team and will be contributing to the successful and proficient delivery of Information services to lawyers firm wide.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an organised and pro-active candidate who will take pride in providing a superb service to the firm.
The ideal candidate will be articulate and will have proven experience of research work in a legal or business information environment with a postgraduate qualification in Library/Information Management (or equivalent).
As Research Librarian your job role will include:
- Preparing and delivering training on legal information resources across the firm
- Contributing to the procurement processes: Negotiating contracts, financial reporting, evaluation of products, maintaining relationships with vendors and promotion of resources
- Tracking database usage reports and using LMS to track payments.
- Producing and collating newsletters on sectors, clients and key subjects
- Taking part in trials to introduce new products
- Having an excellent working knowledge of the main legal and commercial research databases
- Being confident to build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Being an excellent team player and able to work well under pressure
- Having a pro-active, professional and “can-do” attitude
- Helping with the selection, purchase and cataloguing of new resources
- Helping fee earners with their search strategies
- Having excellent written and oral communication skills
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Law firm’s Knowledge & Research team and to appreciate clients' needs. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has a postgraduate qualification in Library/Information Management (or equivalent) and legal or business research experience. You will gain valuable marketable skills to further develop your career. This is a full-time role. If you would like to find out more about this or similar job vacancies, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org