DR - 26054
£18.90 - 18.90 per hour
020 7378 5459
Research Data Support Officer
Contract until 31st July 2020
£18.90 per hour
36.5 hours a week
About the company
We are recruiting for a full time Research Data Support Officer for our Higher Educational client in London. The Research Data Support Team is part of the Library Services, and is responsible for providing support to, and raising awareness within the research community around research data management.
What you will be doing
The Research Data Support Officer will work as part of a small team based in Library Services, as a member of the Liaison and Support Team. The team work to promote and embed best practice in research data management, co-ordinating a range of training, guidance and outreach activities for researchers at all levels.
The team also work to promote and provide end user support and repository management services, working closely with Research IT Services to develop services in line with researcher feedback.
- Providing an outreach and advocacy framework for Research Data Management across the organisation. To include:
- Promoting best practice in research data management
- In conjunction with the RITS facilitators maintaining and delivering a Communication Plan for Research Data Management
- In conjunction with RITS promoting the Research Data Services to all faculties whilst developing and maintaining support materials and guidance documentation for researchers using the Services
- Delivering advice and guidance for researchers, doctoral and post-doctoral students and research administrators to assist them in Data Management plans
- Design, develop and deliver training and awareness-raising activities on research data management and related areas for the research community, including maintaining central web pages on research data management
- Provide end user support and curation services for the Research Data Respository; this includes management of day-to-day queries, review of data deposits and maintenance of training and web-based support
- Monitor and promote key funder stipulations and legal requirements in order to improve understanding and compliance with such obligations
- Maintain an awareness of developments at national and international levels around Open Science - identifying ways to engage the community with Open Science principles and practices and advising on how research support services should evolve to support open practices.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post, and as duties and responsibilities change/develop,
the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Knowledge of research data management and the research data life cycle, including the issues and challenges around management, curation and preservation of digital data
- Understanding the Higher Education environment and the policies and requirements of research funders as they relate to research data
- Knowledge of DCC guidelines and other examples of good practice in research data management
- Knowledge of Open Science an dhow this agenda is evolving in Higher Education
- Knowledge of Open Access repositories and the issues relating to research data and metadata standards
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment alongside Library staff, IT staff and the research community
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to express complex information succinctly and clearly to a lay audience
- Experience of developing and delivering training and support materials including web-based training and documentation
- Experience of planning and delivering campaigns
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to put their research skills and knowledge to use within a higher academical setting
If you are interested in learning more information about the role please get in touch