Hybrid 40% on site / 60% remote
About the company
Looking to use your talents to make a difference? A career with The Salvation could be the start of something special. The Salvation Army is a worldwide Christian church and registered charity, which has been fighting against social inequality and transforming lives for over 150 years.
Sue Hill Recruitment are delighted to be working exclusively with The Salvation Army, who are looking to recruit a Records Manager. Responsible for leading the development, implementation and monitoring of records management services to the UK and Ireland Territory (including THQ, DHQs, corps, centralised services as well as Salvation Army subsidiaries). This includes supporting implementation of the Records Management Policy and the maintenance of up-to-date record retention schedules
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Provide advice and relevant training on records management best practice to all parts of the territory.
• Sit on relevant boards and committees as required and report to leadership bodies, especially the Territorial Operations Board and Territorial Communications Board, on the progress of records management across the Territory.
• Provide input on managing records to the development of Territorial strategy and key projects, such as the Structure Co-ordination and Design Project
• Work with external storage providers and internal stakeholders to ensure effective offsite storage of records.
• Liaise with the Head of Privacy and Data Protection and the Knowledge Manager to ensure a coordinated approach to managing records that is compliant with all legislation and good practice.
• Liaise with the Information Technology department, to ensure robust electronic records management policies and procedures are in place and audited periodically.
• Maintain close working relationships between records management and archives, including facilitating the transfer of records to the International Heritage Centre
• Regularly invest in ongoing professional development to ensure The Salvation Army’s records management policies and procedures are cognisant of best practice and new approaches to the discipline.
• Manage the Records Management Assistant including oversighting their professional development and their work.
You should Have:
• Relevant accredited Records Management qualification or equivalent practical experience
• Strong experience of working successfully in a similar records management job role, within a large and complex organisation across multiple sites, implementing effective systems and advocating the value of good records management practice
• Strong and up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, ISO 15489 standards, issues and best practice in records management, and data protection including GDPR.
• Proven strong knowledge and experience of working with EDRMS and associated records.
• Management software experience, such as CALM RM or Microsoft SharePoint.
• Demonstrable experience in the creation of effective policies, procedures, guidance documents and training materials, including developing a document retention schedule.
• Demonstrable strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the proven ability to convey specialist information/processes/procedures to customers/colleagues and write clear and concise reports in a clear, effective and professional manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders, and develop strong, successful, and collaborative working relationships with colleagues at different levels of management.
• Demonstrable ability to plan, organise and prioritise your tasks to effectively meet your objectives to the expected quality standards and time scales with minimal supervision.
• Proven good experience of successfully managing employees to deliver objectives, developing and training staff and actioning performance management processes where required.
• Strong experience of using IT software such as Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Outlook, Teams and databases to enhance and improve the delivery of your duties.
• The ability and willingness to work within and be empathic with the Christian ethos and values of The Salvation Army Mission
Would be good:
• Experience of working with an archive and the transfer of modern records into an archive
• Experience of working on a record survey at a large organisation
• Awareness of Business Classification Schemes and Information Asset Registers
• Familiarity with digital records management such as O365 E5 licence capabilities, SharePoint etc
• Active participation in professional records management networks
• Experience of training staff in Records Management