DR - 26305
£35,000 - £40,000
Records and Information Governance Consultant
£35,000 - £40,000
1 Year Fixed Term Contract (Full time or Part time options)
35 hours a week
Some remote working available
About the company
Sue Hill Recruitment are delighted to be working with this Portsmouth based Heritage client who is looking to recruit a Records and Information Governance Consultant on a 1-year fixed term contract.
This position will play a crucial role in helping to ensure that the client operates efficiently and effectively.A new Vision and Strategy sets out ambitious plans to increase their impact as a civic space, artistic venue, and visitor destination whilst improving their financial sustainability through increased commercial events and fundraising. In order, not only to do all of this, but to excel at it, they need to strengthen how their data and physical files are held and managed.They are now working towards being, a “digital by default” organisation.
Reviewing and renewing all governance and records is an important part of this preparation.
This is an opportunity for the right person to develop their policy and systems fit for the 2020s and beyond.
They are seeking a dedicated Records and Information Governance professional to work over the next 12 months, to review how information is held, and to help put in place an effective data management policies and systems, enabling information-driven decision making.
You will be joining a small, supportive, dedicated, and ambitious team at a time of change.
What you’ll be doing
• Lead the development and implementation of a records and information management function with responsibility for strategy, content, and compliance, which will impact on all departments and volunteers across the organisation and be pivotal in achieving effective decision-making.
• Ensure that information is held in such a way as to support the transition to registered charity status as part of the 2021 plans.
• Lead the development of analysis and reporting systems, to turn data into management information to drive the improved performance/use of human and financial resources.
• Mentor and train staff and volunteers in effective records management, data analysis and reporting techniques, embedding good practice.
• Identify and categorise the disparate sources of information held both electronic and hard copy.
• Digitise existing hardcopy records into electronic form where practical and to dispose of hard copy records where legal and practical so to do.
• Design and implement data capture processes which are electronic by default using Microsoft Office 365, Donorfy (the organisations recently acquired database/CRM) and People HR (recently acquired HR management system).
• Design and establish analysis and reporting systems based upon information held within Office 365, Donorfy and People HR to enable effective decision making.
• Ensure the corporate data information strategy complies with all statutory regulation (e.g., GDPR).
• To develop and encourage the capture and sharing of learning.
• To promote the effective use of ICT in information management.
Why you will be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
• Three years’+ experience working in a records management and reporting role.
• Records Management qualification beneficial.
• Experience of configuring, administrating, and maintaining a records management system.
• Experience of creating/developing reports and automated systems for reports from data.
• Experience in the identification of information system needs, and the analysis of their requirements.
• Ability to produce data analysis to drive strategic improvement and business performance.
• Experience in the interpretation and analysis of datasets.
• Experience of turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Good evaluation and analytical skills and the ability to engage with multiple audiences.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to build positive relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues and key stakeholders, as well as working independently.
• Self-motivated and hardworking with excellent attention to detail.
• Highly IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office 365 and familiarity with CRM systems.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and sensitively and find new solutions.
• Confident, positive, and energetic individual with a can-do attitude.
• Experience of creating visual insights from data (e.g., Tableau, Microsoft BI or Dashboard reporting generally).
• This is a 12-month contracted post of 35 hours per week over five days Monday to Friday but with flexibility across evenings and weekends to fulfil operational requirements. Opportunities to work 4 days a week also available
• Pension. Staff are eligible to join the Workers Pension Fund (contributory: employer 7.5%, employee 1% of gross salary).
• The post will be subject to a one-month probationary period, during which the appointment may be terminated by either party giving to the other one week’s notice. Notice after the probationary period is one month by either side.
• The annual leave allowance is 25 days plus two ‘given’ days over Christmas to provide cover, and all statutory public holidays.
• The post is subject to informal and formal procedures for review and appraisal. Training and development are discussed as part of this process.
• Some travel expenses may be reclaimed based on location of employee