What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Managing Director your overall responsibility will be to manage a team of 7 of consumer and sensory researchers as well as managing relationships for key accounts. You will manage projects throughout the complete work-stream; ensuring projects are executed to meet client objectives, on budget and within agreed deadlines.
- To liaise with potential clients to define their project requirements, to write project proposals and to prepare costings.
- To manage all communication with the client during a project; to ensure client expectations are managed and that enquiries are dealt with promptly.
- To co-ordinate the allocation of work within each project to ensure sufficient resources are in place and that they budget, and deadline of the project is adhered to.
- Respond to technical enquiries from clients, both project and non-project related and advise clients on methodology.
- Manage and update budgets and financial and project administration in a timely and effective manner.
- Deliver client presentations
- To manage key client accounts and develop new contacts and new business within these accounts both within your and across other workstreams.
- To stay up to date with new areas of sensory and consumer research and identify and develop new commercial opportunities for the business.
- To conduct regular one-to-ones, monitor KPIs, identify training needs and set SMART personal development & business goals.
- Ensure training records for direct reporting staff are up to date.
- Deliver technical training as required to satisfy training and development needs of staff in accordance with documented procedures and best practice as directed by the Managing Director/Associate Director and Training Managers.
- To contribute to the company marketing and sales strategies including giving oral presentations at conferences and other events; representing the Company at exhibitions and other sales and marketing opportunities.
- To design and execute internal research projects within your workstream that can be used to promote the business in the form of papers, presentations, case studies or that can be used as a foundation to develop new services for our clients.