£50k - 65k per year
020 7378 5476
My client is looking for an experienced Market Access Consultant to join this growing global pharmaceutical market research agency. Responsible for leading a team of researchers and play an influential role in shaping the evolution and direction of the market access division of the business. As well as being responsible for leading projects and business development activities, this person will also be responsible for client and key account management and the mentoring and training of junior staff members.
The role encompasses both a commercial and scientific element and would suit an ambitious professional looking to excel and develop their career in pharmaceutical market research.
Main duties include:
- Working closely with the Directors of the business to deliver strategic vision and advise on becoming a top-tier market access and research consultancy;
- Leading project teams of Consultants, researchers and associates in development and delivery of global research projects and deliverables for clients;
- Conducting secondary research reports, advisory boards, training programmes and primary research interviews with a variety of respondent types (e.g., Payers, Key Opinion Leaders, Budget Holders, Patients, Physicians, Clients, etc);
- Playing an active role in business development activities including networking, receiving Requests For Proposals, drafting proposals, project costing, managing budgets and client compliance;
- Writing papers and attending international conferences and meetings such as International Society For Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research and Health Technology Assessment international;
- Managing a range of research projects in different therapy areas simultaneously; and
- Providing support to senior management day-to-day with regard to the management of junior staff; development and implementation of company procedures / practices.
Skills and Experience
The individual must possess:
- Degree-level education ideally to Master’s level
- Demonstrable experience in the pharmaceutical / healthcare industry;
- Knowledge of key pharmaceutical markets (including emerging markets) and pricing and reimbursement systems in these same markets (must have knoledge on Non-Uk Market As well as main projects are global and international not only UK.
- Experience of using CRM or other database system and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Additional compliance systems and copy approval systems (ie., ZINC) are considered advantageous.
The candidate will have/be:
- Be focused as well as having the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- A 'hands-on' approach with regards to the delivery of the business and will already have a strong global network of clients, payers and KOLs;
- The ability to articulate complex ideas in a concise, understandable manner;
- A professional attitude and must be able to accept and exemplify the Company’s unique culture;
- Strong leadership, management and technical skills and will have an advanced level understanding of healthcare markets including deep expertise of specific market access content areas and/or for specific markets; and
- Good presentation skills.
Travel is inevitable and successful candidates will have to show a willingness and ability to travel frequently to client locations.