My Client a Health Care Market Research Company based in SW are looking for an Account Manager/Business Development Manager as part of their growth plan. This is a newly created role managing new business opportunities with existing and new clients. Our client offers a niche bespoke service to their clients and are highly recognised in their field not only for market research but also for publishing and conferences.
What you will be doing
As the key sales person for the business you will work with the team to build the sales pipeline by building new relationships and leveraging new business from existing clients offering bespoke reports, trackers and analysis to clients predominately based in the USA and Western Europe. You will have the opportunity to add value to the business by bring on board new clients, writing bids and developing the existing client base; with a significant opportunity to sell to currently untapped markets and to take control of developing some existing key accounts.
- Deepening existing client relationships – generating incremental business, i.e. up selling capabilities and bespoke research)
- Develop relationships with new clients, i.e. generate new business by attending conferences, networking off existing contacts and targeted research
- Consulting with clients on business issues and research design
- Work collaboratively with the heads of department to develop insightful proposals and top-notch sales presentations
- Working with the team of analysts to deliver quality results to clients, who expect above and beyond service at all times
- Managing contracts and renewals of tracker studies on an annual/quarterly basis
- Resolving sales or delivery issues, offering a full end to end account management service to clients
Who you will be
- 1-5 years in a market research client service capacity, ideally in healthcare or market research either in sales or account management/client facing role
- Experience and direct exposure to qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to present to clients
- Collaborative and team orientated
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to represent the business and generate sales opportunities at 4-6 conferences a year across the USA and Western Europe
- Responsible for contributing and achieving annual revenue budget whilst also cross selling other areas of the business
Why you should apply
- You will be someone who enjoys developing relationships being self-motivated and tenacious but not a push sales person
- You will be entrepreneurial - looking for new revenue streams based off and around existing client streams and research services offered
- Will enjoy Travel and the opportunity to attend conferences globally to network.
- Opportunity to develop a sales team in the future as the business grows