£32,326 per year
020 7378 5459
3 Month Contract
About the company
We are actively recruiting for Public Library client who is seeking a Library Manager for a 3-month fixed term contract. The role would be responsible for the day to day operation of the services in the library building, including the delivery of customer – orientated library service management, staff management, stock control, management of financial budgets and security of the building.
What you will be doing
- Deputise for the area librarian as required within own area of work.
- Take responsibility for the operational aspect of key area of strategic service delivery as allocated by the Sector Libraries Manager.
- Assist in the delivery of service according to specified outputs and outcomes. B
- Have overall supervision and direction of all allocated staff within the Library
- In consultation with the Sector Libraries Manager, plan and implement public service which meets the needs and expectations of the various communities served.
- Lead and co-ordinate service wide initiatives as required.
- Work with the Senior Librarian (Stock) and other senior staff to ensure that all stock related activity is delivered in accordance with specified targets, expectations and outcome
- Motivate staff, monitor their training needs and report on performance to the Sector Libraries Manager.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and support to staff to enable them to develop the necessary skills and abilities to deliver the specified service.
- Contribute to the implementation of I.T. strategies as appropriate and actively promote the use of technology for efficient and effective service delivery. Undertake relevant training to required outcomes.
- Maintain an awareness of developments and trends in librarianship, education, community and culture development, and use such awareness to influence developmental work within the community
- Assist the Sector Libraries Manager in identifying strategies and plans for refining services to meet the Service Development Team specified outputs and outcomes.
- Ensure the effective operation of contracts through liaison with contractors and other managers to maintain consistent standards and resolve contract disputes.
- Ensure that the range of services delivered from the Library is supported through effective team working, both within the allocated service point and across the service as a whole
- Constantly review the methods of service delivery to optimise allocated resources, promote best professional practice and improve services in line with public expectations.
- Ensure controlled expenditure of any allocated budgets and report regularly to the Sector Libraries Manager on spend in relation to budget heads and costed service plans and programmes of action.
Why you’ll be hired
- Knowledge and understanding of Library environments
- Educated to A level standard with a minimum of 5 GCSE grades A-C
- Ability to lead a small team and to motivate and appraise staff and volunteers
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff, stakeholders, volunteers, suppliers, contractors and others (including excellent written and oral communication skills)
- Skills to support, assist and train staff and customers to access ICT
- Numeracy skills for production and use of performance indicators/statistics and cash handling
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Library Assistant or Assistant Librarian to step up into a management position
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or firstname.lastname@example.org