An international company who specialise in mining and metals has a temporary 3-month job opportunity for a Knowledge & Information Specialist.
An exciting 3-month temporary full-time opportunity has arisen to join the Information & Knowledge Department. The successful candidate will be the main global support for their social collaboration (intranet) tool and will provide training and advice to colleagues whilst measuring their success. You will also be responsible for the administration associated with the tool as well as liaising with their IT department and the vendor around bugs and upgrades. You will be organising a regular line-up of presentations and marketing the events to all offices to recording presentations ensuring their accessibility to all global employees.
You will support the Information & Knowledge team with other KM initiatives e.g. Communities of Practice and Lessons Learned. In addition, you will be expected to support the Information Specialist with managing subscriptions, information enquiries and copyright advice.
As Knowledge & Information Specialist your job role will include:
- Designing and recording presentations to market training to all global employees
- Motivating and assisting colleagues to use the Knowledge tools in the business
- Having top-notch IT skills including MS Office
- Having excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Having a BA or MSc in Information & Library studies
- Supporting the Information & Knowledge Team in Lessons Learned
The candidate will ideally have previous experience in managing subscriptions and experience in the Knowledge/Information industry in a corporate/legal role. You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Information & Knowledge team and to appreciate clients' information needs.
This is a great job opportunity for an experienced professional Knowledge & Information Specialist.
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org