A distinguished multinational law firm has a permanent job opportunity for an Information Resources Executive based in their Manchester office. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing information services using major legal or business digital information resources such as LexisNexis, Practical Law, Westlaw and hard copy resources.
This role is an ideal opportunity for a graduate who has the desire and ambition to move in to the information field and progress. This will also suit more experienced candidates looking to move into a new team, with lots of scope for developing the role in the streamlining of information resources supporting the transition from hardcopy to digital.
You will have a strong team working approach and be confident in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You will seek to pro-actively build and develop relationships to compile and promote awareness of information resources company-wide.
An exciting full-time opportunity has arisen to join the law firm’s central research team. The team plays a vital role in ensuring their lawyers have access to the right information at the right time. The team manages an extensive range of printed and online legal and business information resources supporting the firm’s global knowledge and business development strategies.
As Assistant Knowledge and Information Officer your job role will include:
- Having a good working knowledge of MS Office and SharePoint is a bonus.
- Being involved in all aspects of evaluation and procurement and management of information.
- Supporting the Information Manager making sure that the international business has access to the legal and business information sources which is required.
- Managing hard copies and supporting the Research team with handling research enquires
- Being an excellent communicator and team player
- Having a forward thinking, inventive and confident approach
- Having excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Training internal stakeholders so they have the knowledge to efficiently research using the services and systems provided.
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Central Research Team and to appreciate clients' information needs. This is a great job opportunity for a graduate who will gain valuable marketable skills to further develop their career, and for more experienced Knowledge & Information professionals to shape their developing role.
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to email@example.com