Birmingham – Information Officer - Permanent
The Information Officer will support the Information Services team in providing research services and information across the business. This is a varied role with a large research component.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the physical libraries and catalogue, handling acquisitions, serial renewals and loose-leafing
- Helping to produce a weekly newsletter and monthly current awareness services
- Conducting legal, business and IP research, as well as document ordering, as requested by clients, internal patent and trademark attorneys and other colleagues across the business
- Providing support to the Patent Analyst in conducting patent subject matter searches – training will be given
- Helping to update the firm’s Intranet and knowledge management tools
The role would ideally suit someone who is looking to develop their career in a corporate library and information service following the completion of a CILIP recognised post graduate degree.
The successful candidate will have:
- A postgraduate degree in library and information science from a CILIP recognised institution
- An undergraduate degree in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- Ideally some work experience in an information / library role
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
To be considered for this and similar Information Officer job vacancies, In the Midlands or elsewhere please apply with your CV to email@example.com