£18k - 22k per year
020 7378 5479
An international law firm is currently seeking to recruit an Information Officer, based within their offices in central Birmingham.
You will join a central Information team and assist in the provision of information and library services and resources by undertaking business, company and legal research as well as carrying out a range of library & administrative tasks.
Key job responsibilities will include:
· Undertake legal research on behalf of fee-earners using a range of specialist hard copy and online legal information resources;
· Support the provision of business and sector intelligence including the supply of press articles and company reports;
· Supply company information and documents using online company information resources
· Assist with the provision and development of the current awareness and horizon scanning services
· Assist with the updating and development of intranet pages (SharePoint)
· Support the effective use and maintenance of a wide range of materials, including acquisitions, subscriptions and renewals, cataloguing and catalogue maintenance;
· Carry out records management duties including maintaining the library management system, other databases and records;
Key person specification and job requirements:
Applicants should possess a Library and Information qualification or similar such as Information studies, Knowledge management, Records Management or Archives degree.
Your qualification will have given you an understanding of how information is structured and you should be intent on developing a career in this area.
Any subject specific knowledge or experience in a law or business or professional services firm would be a bonus.
Research skills; Ability to assist users in finding the information they need;
Knowledge of a wide range of materials, including books, journals and online resources; Competent IT and information searching skills; Basic cataloguing and classification skills;
Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
This permanent position is a great development opportunity to begin or develop your career in Information.
To be considered for this and similar junior library and information management job vacancies please apply with your CV to email@example.com