Information Management Officer
Salary £17.36 - £18.27 per hour DOE
3 months FTC
About the company
We are recruiting for a full-time Information Management Officer to work for our local Borough client, focussing on the preparation and redaction of Subject Access Requests). We expect the successful candidate to have knowledge of data protection legislation and experience of applying the law to Subject Access Requests.
What you will be doing
- Ensure corporate Information Governance and Records Management policies and procedures are applied consistently to the Borough’s information assets.
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality user experience, including fit for purpose systems, and high standards of access, availability, usability, usefulness and excellent standards of service.
- Carry out the full range of tasks associated with excellent management of information and records.
- Understand and comply with relevant organisational policies, procedures and standards, taking responsibility for assessing and managing risks around the use of information, communicating risks and mitigating actions as appropriate.
- Maintain effective information handling procedures, including taking responsibility for those procedures required to manage formal information access requests, for example requests made under Data Protection, Freedom of Information and other relevant legislation and regulation.
- Take responsibility for the protection of specific subsets of information, ensuring that the information is available, accessible, and can be retrieved as required.
- Apply formal data structures and protection measures, to ensure that information is available and searchable.
- Ensure that information is presented effectively for onward use by different audiences.
- Within own area of competence, provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers. Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Use application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improved use and management of information in support of organisational priorities.
- Maintain up to date records of systems, services, contracts and information assets as part of the ICT service’s configuration management database (CMDB).
- Carry out routine financial management tasks including raising purchase orders and checking invoices to validate payments.
- Implement information handling procedures, including identifying opportunities for further process improvement and implementing changes as a result. This includes taking responsibility for ensuring that procedures required to manage formal information access requests, for example requests made under Data Protection, Freedom of Information and other relevant legislation and regulation, are regularly reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Take responsibility for the protection of multiple subsets of information, ensuring that the information is available, accessible, and can be retrieved as required.
- Work with colleagues and clients / users, including senior managers, to investigate operational issues, problems and new opportunities, contributing to improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes / procedures, organisation and equipment.
- Works with colleagues and clients / users to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using various methodical and consistent techniques.
- Act as routine contact point between ICT Service and relevant suppliers
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
We expect the successful candidate to have knowledge of data protection legislation and experience of applying the law to Subject Access Requests.
An information management related degree or equivalent qualification, or experience that supports
the skills and abilities required for the post.
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to work within a talented and busy team.
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or firstname.lastname@example.org