DR - 26313
£38,261 - £39,832
Information Governance Officer
Bristol / London
£38,261 - £39,832
Permanent Full Time
37 hours a week
Office / Remote working model
About the company
Sue Hill Recruitment are delighted to be working with this independent public body who report to Government through the Department of Education. They are seeking to recruit an Information Governance Officer to join their team, as the current employee has moved to a different department within the organisation
Ideally this role will be based in Bristol, but the client would welcome applications from candidates looking to work in London who would be flexible to travel to Bristol on an Ad-Hoc basis for meetings and reviews. The client is looking to implement a 40% office-based policy throughout the business
What you’ll be doing
The post holder will have the following key responsibilities:
• Information access requests are managed, overseen, and responded to in accordance with legislative requirements.
• Effective management of data, data protection impact assessments (DPIA), data access requests and the rights of data subjects in accordance with legislative requirements.
• Provide advice and guidance on information governance issues, trends and developments, for example, privacy notices, DPIAs.
• Lead on the ongoing maintenance of the organisation’s ROPA and Information Asset Register, including co-ordinating regular reviews and updating of assets and processing activities where needed.
• Support the Head of Knowledge Management and Information Governance’s work on the information management and governance agenda.
• Ensuring a flexible resource is available across all knowledge and information management functions, with issues picked-up and dealt with at pace.
• Supporting the delivery of activities underpinning the Knowledge Management and Information Governance strategy.
• Supporting the delivery of the organisations functions and strategy and the outcomes and objectives in the organisations business plan.
• Deliver objectives in a way which models the organisations values and behaviours.
• Provide technical expertise and advice to staff on records management, current and projected operational requirements, issues, risks, legislative, regulatory matters and latest developments in the field.
• Policy and guidance for record-keeping is formulated, overseen, and implemented, adhering to legislative requirements for both paper and electronic records.
• The administration of the records management system is managed and used in line with the organisations policies and best practice.
• An enquiry and record retrieval service is managed, and transfer of records to The National Archives is in accordance with their requirements.
• Work with colleagues to align knowledge and information management policies and processes with ongoing developments across the organisation.
• Ensure that staff understand knowledge and information management principles and requirements and receive training appropriate to their needs.
• Support Information Asset Owners and other business leads with their responsibilities.
• Develop and roll out organisation-wide KIM Induction training.
Why you will be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
•Relevant experience of working in Information Governance and Records Management and / or suitably qualified
•Understanding how information management and governance should develop in the context of its work
•Good strategic awareness of the connections between various information access and management legislation
•An ability to disseminate and embed best practice in information management and governance within the organisation
•Create new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues.
· Identify fresh approaches and show a willingness to question traditional assumptions and practices
•Experience of setting up / managing records management systems and processes
•Experience of managing information within a SharePoint environment desirable but not essential