City of London
DR - 26145
£18.93 per hour
Tuesday 4th May 2021
Safety Compliance Officer
6 Month Contract
Work from Home initially
£18.93 per hour
36.5 hours per week
Start date Tuesday 4th May 2021
About the company
We are presently recruiting for a Safety Compliance Officer for our Higher Education client. This is a Full-Time position (36.5 hours per week) starting Tuesday 4th May 2021. This position will initially start as a ‘Work from Home’ until a full return to site has been implemented. Occasional visits to site during ‘Work from Home’ may be required in agreement with the Departmental Safety Officer
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible to the Pro-Vice-Provost Library Services via the Director of Operations for the submission of T100 Lite documentation and supporting the T100 Working Group with full successful implementation of T100 Lite programme across Library Services.
• Creating safety arrangements documents covering a range of safety areas
• Ensuring all departmental safety documentation and procedures fully comply with the requirements of the H&S programme
• Recording Roles and Responsibilities for Library staff on the Responsible Persons Register
• Devising documentation for safety procedures, and ensuring that the documentation is maintained
• In liaison with Library Site Managers, undertaking a review of safety provision across all Library Services’ sites
• Ensuring that training materials are available for Library staff in the relevant aspects of safety procedures
• Ensuring that each Library managed site has a plan for dealing with emergencies
• Providing training to Library staff to assist with the implementation of H&S programme
• Providing monthly updates to the H&S Working Group on progress
• Supporting the creation of a robust system for all safety monitoring in Library Services
• Fire Marshal duties when onsite
• Attending staff meetings and training as required
Why you will be hired
• First degree or equivalent career experience within Health and Safet
• Excellent awareness of safety management systems
• A logical approach to problem-solving
• Excellent IT skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to engage effectively with students and senior members of the institution.
• Excellent report-writing skills, including the ability to interpret complex data and present it clearly
• A tactful and resolute approach to sensitive issues
• The ability to work under pressure and reliably meet deadlines.
• Commitment to equal opportunity and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds.
• Recognised qualification in Safety (NEBOSH)
• Experience of staff training
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5469 or email@example.com