About the company
A busy central London Borough Authority has an urgent requirement for a Data Protection and FOI Officer within their shared ICT Services Department to fulfil a 6 month contract position. This is a role that will allow you to take full responsibility for your area, add value and contribute to strategy and policy.
What you're be doing
As an experienced DPO with a solid knowledge of Freedom of Information, you will be responsible for the day to day management and review of corporate compliance applying information management best practice standards.
You will be required to interact across the business covering two London Boroughs to maintain and implement information management procedures and assist in communicating the organisation's strategies for managing information and best practice.
- To manage requests for personal data, complaints and appeals. As well as take lead on investigations into breaches under the corporate Data Protection Subject Access, freedom of Information and Security Governance procedures.
- To administer the Council's FOI Publication Schemes in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- To regularly review and amend the Data Protection notification.
- To provide training and support to a large network of about 120 Access to Information officers to ensure compliance with the Data Protection act and Freedom of Information act.
- To assist the development and implementation of information handling procedures.
- To assist the devising and implementation of document and records systems. Including classification, security, retrieval and retention processes.
- To maintain an overview of the organisation's information assets and to support owners of information assets in managing the information in line with appropriate regulations, good practice and organisational policies.
Why you'll be hired
Our client is looking for a seasoned and experienced person in this field, who can come in and hit the ground at a critical time and provide support, guidance and insight to the department and the wider business.
We are looking for self-motivated people that will go out and get to know processes and procedures and ask the right questions to understand the best options and ways to move forward.
Skills, Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to bachelor degree level and hold a relevant professional qualification in the field of DPO, FROI
- Previous Information management experience (at least 3 years)
- Data Protection or Freedom of Information experience
- Desirable a ISEB Data Protection and/or FOI Qualification
- Highly-motivated with strong communication and presentation skills
Why you should apply
An excellent opportunity to add value and insight at a critical time in the Borough’s take up and implementation of new legislation.
The role is offered at a competitive salary of circa £40-45K pro-rata.
If you are interested in either of these opportunities, please call Daniel Rose with no obligation on 0207 378 5468 or to apply please send your CV to email@example.com