DR - 25819
£21.98 - 24.73 per hour
020 7378 5459
DAM Implementation Manager
6 Month Contract
£40,000 - £45,000
Monday to Friday
35 hours a week
About the company
Our client, a heritage museum in London, is actively looking to recruit a DAM (Digital Asset Management) Implementation Manager to oversee the implementation, deployment and initial migration of assets into the new museum DAM System. The DAM Implementation Manager is tasked with overseeing all aspects of the asset management system implementation, and, as a result, ensuring a successful deployment with high levels of data quality and robust governance, procedures and workflows in
What you’ll be doing
- Acting as project manager for the implementation, serving as the single point of contact including liaising with and managing the DAM vendor and working with the Head of ICT and other key museum staff to ensure project success
- Working with museum staff to oversee the migration of assets from shared drives and legacy system into the new DAM and adapting ingestion workflows to improve efficiency.
- Working on data clean-up during migration and tagging assets as they are migrated into the new system.
- Identifying and managing the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Working with the vendor to learn how to use the system, updating and creating training materials and training staff on the functionality of the new DAM.
- Working with key museum staff to finalise governance policies and procedures. Upholding governance policies and procedures to ensure standardized data naming, establish consistent metadata definitions, and monitor overall quality.
- Act as the first line of support for DAM system users and liaise with vendor support team to complete system maintenance, improvement, and QA tasks.
- Monitoring search queries and search experience trends to improve the quality of metadata and synonym database.
- Managing a list of feature enhancement requests and work with vendor on implementation timeline
This position requires a basic disclosure check which will reveal any unspent convictions. A criminal record may not necessarily be a bar to placement, as any decision will be treated on its merits and individual circumstances subject to the museum’s overriding obligations to protect the children and vulnerable adults in its charge, members of the public, the safety of the museum’s staff and the Collection.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Experience in DAM management with an excellent working knowledge of DAM systems
- Experience of using ‘Mimsy XG’ or ‘Extensis’ or similar cultural heritage collections management database
- Experience of successfully managing asset migration and systems integration
- Experience of and ability to effectively manage the working relationship with a DAM vendor
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, tasks and deadlines
- Excellent knowledge and experience of developing categorisation, taxonomies and metadata structures
- Able to work in a collaborative manner, with the ability to work well across teams and with colleagues to find solutions
- Practical understanding and appreciation of the cultural aspects of change which comes about when effecting
- technical change within an organisation
- Commitment to training and coaching others and sharing own expertise
- Ability to adapt to museum’s digital asset content for the purposes of optimising search queries and improving the search experience
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in writing governance, procedural and training documents
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be the overseeing project manager for this Management System implementation
If you are interested in learning more please contact Daniel Rose on 020 7378 5459 or Ioanna Fytilopoulou on 020 7378 5468