DR - 26272
£40,057 - £45,839 DOE
Corporate Records Manager
Mostly Remote working
Nottingham site visits required
£40,057 - £45,839
12-month Fixed Term Contract
Full Time hours
About the company
Sue Hill Recruitment have been instructed on a Corporate Records Manager contract position with our Nottingham based client. This is a 12-month fixed term contract position, that will be mostly remote working. The client is looking to implement the use of Microsoft 365 within the organisation as an ERMS.
As the Corporate Records Manager you will act as a subject matter expert and work alongside the program, to review and develop a framework of records management policies, standards and operational procedures to ensure appropriate governance, operation of best practice and to help protect from regulatory risks arising from non-conformance of records management practices across all of its Divisions and Corporate functions. The role will also serve as an educator for corporate records management and associated business processes.
What you’ll be doing
The ERMS Corporate Records Manager will be skilled at leading and driving cultural change and continuous improvement, managing processes and technology efficiently in order to successfully support successful delivery of the overall Program.
•Establish, lead and deliver a Corporate Records Management ERMS framework implementation roadmap in line with the overall objectives of the program, aligning to strategic priorities.
•Act as a Senior Leader and Subject Matter Expert on ERMS and its key principles within the delivery of new model of Corporate Records Management, enabled by the Microsoft 365 product.
•Create and implement appropriate Policies and Procedures to incorporate information governance and records management best practices.
•Review and integrate current records management systems to support future service delivery by using specialist knowledge, and make recommendations, having identified problems, and trends to deliver appropriate governance.
•Be accountable for all the records management change related initiatives in terms of delivery of expected outcomes and within the constraints of the program, while ensuring seamless change and stakeholder engagement.
•Ensure a smooth transition from Change to BAU activities and assist in stabilising changes to working practice and business processes.
•Be responsible for continuous improvement for the Corporate ERM function, from strategic planning to implementation and BAU.
•Lead definition of indicators of performance and governance quality metrics.
•Oversee compliance with records management related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
•Create a Y-o-Y plan to audit and improve practices for Corporate records management.
•Mentor teams (including 3rd party vendors) to achieve the Corporate ERM implementation goals and deliver records management best practice.
•Be responsible to on-board, train, educate and mentor new team members.
•Serve as a senior management liaison between various Digital Services and Divisional functional areas such as Business Development Managers, Applications Management, Information Governance, Technical teams and external partners.
•Develop partnerships within Corporate Divisional areas to ensure efficient and effective changes and other operational elements including clear dependencies and internal performance reporting.
•Develop, lead, manage and execute education and training activities related to the Corporate ERM Program.
· Develop a training manual and on-line training for staff and stakeholders.
•Be responsible for providing provide progress reports/ root cause analysis to management.
•Be a single point of contact for Corporate Records Management ERM issues.
· Ensure that all enquiries and requests for improved customer experience and efficiencies are worked thorough and fed back to the program
Why you will be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
· Degree or Postgraduate qualification in records management discipline
•3-5years of experience in a large organisation, to include strong records management and programme management, oversight and execution experience
•Experience of change leadership in implementing strategic records management / program management initiatives in a business, preferably in a public sector service
· Good understanding of complex business architecture, workflows and continuous improvement
· Highly developed specialist knowledge of records and information management and information governance underpinned by theory and experience
· Experience of working with complex projects involving change
· Experience leading and or supporting staff engagement initiatives
· Experience of line managing project and virtual teams
· Possesses strong communication, change and stakeholder management skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to respond to, priorities and analyse complex problems/situations and ensure effective interventions are put in place
· Manage a complex workload and balance work priorities
· Can formulate short- and long-term objectives
· Flexible with respect to working hours
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Records Manager to leading and driving cultural change within the organisation