Children’s and Young People’s Library & Cultural Outreach Manager
Enhanced DBS Checked Required
Salary: £16.75-£19.29 per hour (dependant on experience)
Hours: 37 Per Week
About the company
This is an exciting time to join our client who is passionate about offering the best front-line support services to the community. This newly created role seeks to integrate libraries with art and culture in the local and national community with a special focus on Children and Young People.
This service is being delivered through three key libraries in the Borough as well as a number of cultural and social satellite sites that offer state of the art, modern facilities.
What you will be doing
Being part of the Libraries Management team, you will inspire, direct and deliver high quality library and cultural services, which are focused on customer service and meeting the needs of local residents.
Working with a range of partners, staff and managers to develop and implement a wide-ranging programme for children and young people that incorporates art, culture, learning with a strong focus on reading and technology in line with the council’s five-year plan.
Developing a range of services through children’s centres and satellite libraries across the Borough
- To collaborate with the Operational Manager in planning and delivering training and development for the Children and Outreach staff to equip them to deliver stimulating programmes that enrich children’s learning, physical and social development
- To explore ideas of the introduction of automatic enrolment from birth
- To support and make effective links with schools, other educational facilities and local community groups
- Responsible for purchasing of children and young people’s stock and resources
- Develop a range of partners that initiate and develop a range of creative, arts and cultural offerings, maximising opportunities to attract external funding where appropriate
- Represent the Library Service at a range of internal and external groups including the Cultural Education partnership and ASCEL.
- Manage and direct management team and their staff to deliver on a wide range of services and initiatives that work in tandem with local and national plans
Who you will be
- Educated to degree or equivalent with a management qualification
- Project management qualification (highly desirable)
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Extensive experience in managing and delivering services for children and young people within local authority libraries
- Good understanding of challenges facing local government and the agenda for libraries and cultural services
- Key understanding of trends in Children’s and Young people usage in library and cultural services
- Experience of working sucessfully with internal and external partners
- Able to monitor and evaluate performance
- Experience in managing budgets and resources
- Able to influence, engage and motivate staff
- Will demonstrate successful management and delivery of projects
Why you should apply
- Fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about Children’s library services and the impact social and cultural involvement can have in enriching learning
- You will enjoy contributing to strategy and development and roll out of projects and initiatives
- Forward thinking in your ability to manage and engage strong internal and external partnerships
- Engaging and empowering leader and manager with strong vision and leadership skills
To apply for this role please send your CV to Daniel.email@example.com or call 0207 378 5459