What you'll be doing
Being part of the Libraries Management team, you will inspire, direct and deliver high quality library and cultural services, which are focused on customer service and meeting the needs of local residents.
Working with a range of partners, staff and managers to develop and implement a wide-ranging programme for children and young people that incorporates art, culture, learning with a strong focus on reading and technology in line with the council's five-year plan.
Developing a range of services through children's centres and satellite libraries across the Borough
- To collaborate with the Operational Manager in planning and delivering training and development for the Children and Outreach staff to equip them to deliver stimulating programmes that enrich children's learning, physical and social development
- To explore ideas of the introduction of automatic enrolment from birth
- To support and make effective links with schools, other educational facilities and local community groups
- Responsible for purchasing of children and young people's stock and resources
- Develop a range of partners that initiate and develop a range of creative, arts and cultural offerings, maximising opportunities to attract external funding where appropriate
- Represent the Library Service at a range of internal and external groups including the Cultural Education partnership and ASCEL.
- Manage and direct management team and their staff to deliver on a wide range of services and initiatives that work in tandem with local and national plans