Campus Library Manager
East London Campus
£21.31 per hour
Temp to Perm opportunity
About the company
We are recruiting for a permanent full-time Campus Library Manager on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract with a view to the role going permanent for our Higher Educational client in East London. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of User Engagement to manage and develop a comprehensive range of customer-focussed services for both on and off campus users. You will also lead a diverse Library team on campus which includes Deputy Campus Library Manager, Assistant Librarians and Library & IT Assistants.
What you will be doing
- Provide high-quality library and information services and learning spaces to diverse learning and research communities.
- Provide professional information services and assist learners in their use of library resources.
- Manage customer services and operations within the Campus Library, including the full range of print, digital and IT services for students and staff.
- Take the lead on aspects of customer service delivery in collaboration with the Head of User Engagement and with the support of the Customer Services team.
- Line manage a team of front-line staff, including Assistant Librarians and Library and IT Support Assistants.
- Recruit and train relevant staff, managing performance and providing appropriate development opportunities.
- Deploy staff, allocate tasks and produce timetables and rotas to ensure the smooth running of the service.
- Monitor all staffing requirements for the campus library, ensuring sufficient levels of staffing to maintain service operations and opening hours, and to work with the Stratford Campus Library Manager and the Head of User Engagement to deploy staff as required across the two libraries.
- Ensure library regulations and health and safety requirements are adhered to and to liaise closely with relevant university staff (including Security and Campus Services) to maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment.
- Liaise with relevant IT Services staff to ensure effective technical support for open access IT and timely responses to referred IT problems.
- Lead and contribute to appropriate library projects, as required.
- Liaise with other senior library staff (including Academic Services Librarians, Digital Library Manager, and the Scholarly Communications Manager) to ensure the delivery and implementation of service priorities and policy. To implement best practice and contribute to policy and service development.
- Contribute to strategic planning, decision making and policy development within the Service through the relevant fora.
- Assist in collecting and collating management information and user feedback. To provide reports and make recommendations to senior managers where necessary.
- Participate in help desk and other duty rotas required to maintain library services throughout our opening hours.
- Although based at a particular campus, the post holder may be required to work at any of our libraries as necessary.
- The post holder will be required to work a regular evening and at weekends for which time off in lieu is given.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Undergraduate degree
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g., Library or IT)
- Membership of relevant professional body beneficial
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a team, agreeing objectives and organising and delegating tasks
- Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to adjust the content of information to suit varying levels of understanding
- Good IT skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office, library management systems, social media and web technologies
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service and experience of developing services to meet customer expectations
- Experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, identifying practical and suitable solutions
- Proven skills in effective use of management information to inform decision-making and planning
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to work as a key management member
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5468 or Ioanna.firstname.lastname@example.org