What you'll be doing
- The post holder will need to implement activity in a way that is conscious of the impact upon customers and communities and takes into account any political implications.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a sustainable fundraising plan for the library service in order to raise funds and increase awareness and participation amongst individual supporters, organisations and community groups.
- Work with the Library Service Manager to support development of Library Service colleagues to increase commercialism and create and implement a supporter led fundraising plan
- Proactively work in the community to recruit, inspire and motivate individuals, organisations and community groups to fundraise for or donate to the library service.
- Provide excellent supporter care and stewardship of existing supporters undertaking fundraising activities, to include advising on best practice and ensuring income is maximised.
- The postholder will be responsible for leading a programme of work to increase internally commissioned activity.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Library Service is able to achieve its income target through income generating activity and internally commissioned services
- Responsible for leading a programme of work to increase internally commissioned activity
- Provide a supporting and coaching role for other colleagues in the service to enable greater commercialism.
- Produce and implement a marketing and publicity strategy for the Library Service
- Research, evaluate and develop new community fundraising opportunities to raise awareness of the brand and to encourage support.