Business Development Executive
Salary: £30K + Bonus
About the Company:
Our client is the world's largest independent healthcare market research and consulting agency. They are working within the pharmaceutical, MedTech and biotech industry, proving research intelligence and strategic recommendations that elevate healthcare brands and help them thrive in a complex and challenging environment.
We are looking for a Junior Business Developer to build a pipeline of new business opportunities in order to support the growth of the business.
What you will be doing:
- You will be entering and maintaining contact information in the CRM, correcting as requires and using social media and online tools to find and verify new contacts.
- You will be personable and proactive with excellent communications skills, good written and spoken English (another European language is highly advantageous)
- Have the ability to engage well with global senior pharmaceutical executives over the telephone and by email and you must be proficient with database systems.The role entails an opportunity for travel.
- Conduct internet research to find new leads and verify contact details using sites such a Google, LinkedIn etc
- Creating and tailoring presentations to fit prospective client's request and interest.
- Prospecting, cold calling and qualifying potential customers.
- Setting up face to face meetings and teleconference meetings with potential customers for business development purposes or as a follow up to marketing campaigns.
- Research and maintain current information regarding market updates and trends, top customers and their requirements, specific solutions offered to customers.
- Maintain and manage the company CRM database, checking and cleaning contact records, updating notes and actions, entering new data as required.
- Support the marketing team to carry out marketing campaigns by segmenting and selecting lists, updating the CRM with leads, notes and actions.
Who you will be:
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Goal-orientated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work on your own initiative but capable of seeking support when necessary.
- Knowledge of LinkedIn and other social media tools for finding contacts.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- 1-3 years' experience in a telemarketing or telesales environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Experience of using CRM or other database system and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and tactical marketing management.
Why you should apply
- A competitive salary package including benefits
- Wellness programme, which includes subsidised fitness activities, free monthly meditation sessions, free head and neck massages every quarter, and access to the cycle to work scheme
- A comprehensive training and development programme for all staff, from graduate trainee to senior management
- The opportunity to work on creative and challenging projects, including overseas travel
- Fantastic HQ location in West London which boasts on-site café, outdoor cinema, panoramic river views, landscaped gardens, free state-of-the-art gym with showers and regular social events
- Fortnightly lunch-and-learn sessions open to all staff, where you can learn new techniques and approaches in market research
- Employee awards for contributions above and beyond the call of duty - voted for by the staff
- Social events - including a summer day out, a community day and Christmas party, along with regular social events after office hoursWine on a Friday afternoon
- A relaxed and friendly working environment