Associate Director (Qual)/Research Manager
Based: New York
Salary: c. $115-120K plus benefits
About the company
Our client is an expanding and diverse Global Market Research Agency who specialise in consumer and sensory research to the FMCG industry. Working with their clients on some of the most well-known and recognised brands they offer a vibrant and dynamic culture. You will be part of a friendly and collaborative team where your creativity and passion for innovation and brands will support clients with meaningful and impactful, innovative insights.
What you will be doing
You will be joining our clients New York office as a Qual Associate Director/Research Manager running and managing projects from initial concept; undertaking the design, pitch, and execution of qualitative consumer research projects predominantly for the U.S market using sensory-qualitative consumer methodologies (EROS).
A large part of this role will require you to build and support strategic relationships with key clients whilst mentoring and training team members to deliver exceptional results based around the full range of methodologies that our client offers.
Why you will be hired
You must be able to demonstrate outstanding research skills with a passion for consumer connections, and strong commercial and brand awareness.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant social science (e.g. Psychology, Marketing, Economics, Sociology)
- You will have extensive experience in Market Research with a focus on consumer brands/product development including product testing and/or sensory research
- You will possess an in-depth knowledge of the FMCG sector including food, beverages and household products
- Highly client centric with a desire to build strong and strategic client relationships
- Competent in managing the complete research project cycle
- Have solid experience in moderation of qualitative consumer research sessions (focus groups, in-depth interviews, client workshops, online communities, shopper research)
- Strong analytical writing and storytelling skills
- Line management/supervisory experience
- Experience in using digital qualitative research platforms (e.g. Dub, DScout, Aha!)
- Willingness and eagerness to travel to both domestic and global markets, as needed - for fieldwork, client meetings, and global team initiatives (approx. 40-50%)
Why you should apply
- Excellent opportunity to join a highly dynamic and leading global marketing agency
- Opportunity to hardness your passion for consumer brands in an invocative and creative environment
- Excellent prospects for career development