Fantastic opportunity to work for an international strategic insight agency looking to recruit an Associate Director for their dual Quant / Qual role based in London.
Our client operates a friendly, and professional agency that promotes collaborative working and a flat hierarchy. If you are looking for an agency that will allow you to work across a diverse client base and a real mix of ad-hoc studies where you are fully immersed in the complete project cycle, then this is a role for you.
This is an opportunity is for a bright and ambitious ‘dualist’ researcher to contribute to and further develop their offering. By ‘dualist’ our client is looking for someone with hands on experience of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and approaches and does not solely identify as either a quallie or quantie. This mix of skills is particularly important to them alongside their qualitative and quantitative specialists as a lot of their work involves mixed methodologies and they offer a truly integrated service to clients.
The successful candidate does not have to be fully ‘ambidextrous’ on this – does not have to have 50:50 balance between qual and quant in terms of either skills or experience but does need to be fluent in both disciplines and enjoy both.
The Role will Include:
- Helping to win new projects by assisting with/writing proposals and pitching. Coming up with imaginative design ideas, usually in a brainstorming forum
- Managing ad-hoc research projects – including development projects spec, client liaison, design of research materials, communication with team members, scheduling and leading on analysis and reporting
- Supporting other research projects
- Presenting to clients – both pitching and project debriefs
- Working across multiple sectors and types of research
- Travel may be involved with regards to the qualitative element to brief, moderate/observe, analyse and interpret in overseas markets from time to time
Skills and attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience (preferably agency)
- A passion for research.
- Enjoys keeping up with the latest thinking, reads widely. Enjoys variety, high level of curiosity
- Equally comfortable in classic and online research methods (including online qual)
- On the qualitative side, experienced in running focus groups, in-depth interviews and online qual projects
- On the quantitative side, experienced in questionnaire design, familiar with techniques such as MaxDiff, conjoint, factor and cluster analysis/segmentation, regression analysis. By familiar, we mean can correctly apply to research problems in proposal writing and can manage projects which include these techniques, with support from more specialist data analysts as appropriate.