18.5 hours a week
About the company
We are recruiting for a part time, permanent Assistant Librarian for our Higher Educational client in Winchester, Hampshire. This modern and well-equipped library houses a collection of over 300,000 books and the stock covers all subjects offered by the client.
What you will be doing
You will be part of the Library Team answering general enquiries whilst carrying out back room duties.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Catalogue and classify new book stock.
- Stock management
- Create and review reading lists
- Take part in timetabled rotas for counter and enquiry desk work and shelving
- Provide advice and help with student and staff enquiries
- Provide support for web-based learning and resources
There may be opportunities for training/shadowing in these areas:-
- Represent the Library on a range of University and Faculty committees
- Assist with research and library induction sessions for staff and students
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Educated to degree level and a post-graduate information management (archives, libraries) related qualification.
- Previous experience of working within an academic library
- Experience of Automated Library Systems and use of electronic journals
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and time-management skills, including ability to prioritise a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work without supervision
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to put their library skills and knowledge to use within an academic setting
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or email@example.com