Assistant Learning Resources Manager
1 Month contract
£20.48 per hour
Monday to Friday
9.00am – 5.00pm
Start – 7th January 2019
About the company
Our Art and Design, higher educational client, has a requirement for an Assistant Learning Resources Manager to cover a 1-month temporary assignment, starting 7th January 2019. You will contribute to the development, organisation and delivery of a high quality and customer focussed library service.
What you're be doing
- Oversee the effective day-to-day delivery of library services through the timetabling of staff, co-ordinating of leave requests and administering absence reports as directed by the Learning Resources Manager. This will also include co-ordinating and participating in the provision of frontline services such as physical and virtual enquiry services and roaming support as appropriate.
- Line manage specified staff. This will include responsibility for staff recruitment including co-ordinating and delivering induction programmes for new staff, and management of probation and staff planning, review and appraisals (PRAs).
- Co-ordinate and assist with the management and the development of the physical space and resources for the college library service, including open access IT and liaising with colleagues and contractors as required.
- Support a designated programme of study/course(s) through effective academic liaison, collection development and library-based learning support activities. This will require developing subject knowledge appropriate to the designated course(s), and involvement in curriculum planning, validations and quality assurance activities.
- Participate in the management and use of information technology within library spaces, the delivery of electronic information, the maintenance and development of web-pages and other online resources as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Bibliographic Services Manager to ensure consistent delivery of bibliographic services as required.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of Library Services policies and procedures, in liaison with a designated member of the Information Services Administration Team.
- Collation and produce statistical information as required for both departmental and college quality assurance purposes.
- Support senior managers with financial management and planning, and be responsible for specific budget(s) as required by the Learning Resources Manager.
- Contribute to and participate in the activities of the Library Services team and participate in Information Services projects or activities as required, including Task and Finish groups and involvement in Project Teams.
- Represent Information Services at internal and external meetings as required.
- Deputise for the Learning Resources Manager or equivalent as required and represent Information Services at internal and external meetings as required.
Why you'll be hired
Our client is looking for a seasoned and experienced person in this field, who can come in and hit the ground at a critical time and provide support, guidance and insight to the department and the wider environment.
Skills, Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in Library and Information Management or equivalent, as relevant to the post, at Graduate or Postgraduate level
- Experience in managing staff and services in a Library or equivalent environment, as relevant to the post
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way
- Motivates and leads a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
- Applies innovative approaches in teaching, learning or professional practice to support excellent teaching, pedagogy and inclusivity
- Applies own research to develop learning and assessment practice
- Contributes to advancing professional practice/research or scholarly activity in own area of specialism
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve long term objectives
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with students or customers
- Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems
Why you should apply
An excellent opportunity to add value and insight at a critical and busy time
If you are interested in either of these opportunities, please call Daniel Rose with no obligation on 0207 378 5468 or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org