Archivist and Records Manager
40 hours a week
9 months Maternity Cover contract
About the company
Our client is recognised as one of the worlds’ most prestigious professional bodies within the legal sector for Judges and Lawyers. They have a requirement for an experienced Archivist and Records Manager to provide maternity cover for 9 months.
What you’ll be doing
You will preserve, catalogue and manage the all paper and digital records and to make information available, primarily for the all staff, but also to external users as appropriate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the efficient day to-day running of the Archive and record systems.
- Responsible for maintaining the records management policy and retention schedules for both paper and digital records.
- Provide general assistance and advice on records-related issues as required.
- Work with departments, undertaking research into the archives and providing information for internal projects as required.
- Research and provide information in response to enquiries from staff.
- Research and answer enquiries from members of the Inn, researchers and the general public. This work includes hosting research visits when necessary.
- Line management of the Estates Project Cataloguer. This includes undertaking annual appraisals; supervision of their work, and ensuring that project targets are met.
- Supervision of work of Assistant Librarian when undertaking archive work (1 ½ days a week).
- Undertake outreach activities as required, including monthly ‘Archive of the Month’ posts for the Inn’s website.
- Catalogue additions to the collections using Calm for Archives software, following in-house standards.
- Preserve the collection through re-packaging. Undertake systematic repackaging of material housed in offsite stores.
- Oversee the Archive budget and manage the planned project and general purchases for archive work.
- Undertake other archive and records management duties as required.
Why you’ll be hired
- A postgraduate qualification in Archives and Records Management (or similar)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience
- Experience of cataloguing using CALM archive software
- Familiarity with current descriptive and authority standards
- Knowledge of key records management principles, and experience of putting these into practice
- Experience of enquiry work and of supervising archive researchers
- Excellent IT skills including: Word, Outlook and Excel
- Able to work methodically and accurately, with excellent attention to detail. Demonstrate honesty and integrity in everything you do
- Ability to work to agreed standards and follow in-house guidelines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, with a positive attitude
- Able to organise own work, prioritise duties and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt successfully to changing circumstances Able to work effectively with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- An ability to identify and meet the needs of both internal and external customers so as to deliver a high-quality service
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, the Inns of Court, their history and records
- An ability to provide direction to others and to achieve objectives, to assign work to others and empower them to undertake tasks whilst maintaining accountability
- A good understanding of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly respected and prestigious client
This role is paying a very competitive salary of £41,000 plus benefits
If you are interested in learning more: Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or on email@example.com