£21.08 per hour
23rd October 2023
Academic Support Librarian
Temporary contract - start date 23rd October 2023
£21.08 per hour
35 hrs per week
9am - 5:00pm or 10:00am – 6:00pm – working 5 days per week.
My client, an academic institution, is looking to recruit an Academic Support Librarian to contribute to the development, delivery and exploitation of high quality and customer-focused library services which support the learning, teaching and research activities by being responsible for effective academic liaison, collection development and learning support for specified courses/programmes of study and actively promoting access to resources, collections and services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support a specified programme of study /course(s) through effective academic liaison. This will require developing subject knowledge appropriate to the designated programme of study/course(s) and participation in course development, validations and quality assurance activities. This will also include participating at course committees and establishing effective working relationships with academic and other staff responsible for curriculum development and the delivery of courses.
· Contribute to the delivery of learning support, particularly the development and delivery of induction, information and research skills programmes in liaison with senior staff. This will also include promoting resources and services.
· Maintain an active engagement with developments in teaching and learning within the educational sectors and evaluate and report on new approaches to improve the quality and delivery of learning support in Information Services, in liaison with senior staff.
· Participate in information dissemination and provision of enquiry services, including roaming support and involvement in virtual enquiry services as needed.
· Contribute to stock organisation, maintenance and promotion through involvement in curriculum planning and development and through stock selection for designated programme of study/course(s) in liaison with the Resources & Systems team. This will include responsibility for a relevant budget as required.
· Co-ordinate reader services including registration, leavers, defaulters, inter-library loans and reservations, and the production of statistics in liaison with the Assistant Learning Resources Manager and the Resources & Systems team as required.
· Contribute to the development and use of information technology, including delivery of electronic information, the maintenance and development of the Library Services webpages and contribute to webpages and external web gateways as appropriate.
· Support the Library Management System (LMS) locally and contribute to the development of this system as directed by the Resources and Systems Team.
· Line manage specified staff.
· Contribute to and participate in the activities of the Library Services team and participate in Information Services projects or activities as required, including Task and Finish groups and involvement in Project Teams.
· Represent Library Services at internal and external meetings as required.
· Contribute to and promote Library Services policies and procedures.
· A degree in Library and Information Management or equivalent, as relevant to the post, at Graduate or Postgraduate level.
· Experience in supervision or management of staff and services in a Library or equivalent environment, as relevant to the post.
· Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media.
· Motivates and leads a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance.
· Uses effective teaching, learning or professional practice to support excellent teaching, pedagogy and inclusivity.
· Contributes to advancing professional practice/research or scholarly activity in own area of specialism.
· Plans, prioritises and organises work to achieve objectives on time.
· Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups.
· Builds and maintains positive relationships with students or customers.
· Uses initiative or creativity to resolve problems.